Check out our ADOPT ME PAGE
Go to the News Page and on left side where
pages are click on Adopt ME
You will see our bunnies that we have up
We have been having a problem with
our link to our
adoptable page keep trying to bring it up.
We do bunny sitting at our rescue.
Think Twice Before Buying that Easter Bunny!
With Easter just around the corner
rescue groups like Second Chance Bunnies
here in Auburn are gearing up for the post-Easter dumping
of rabbits at shelters and outdoor places like parks and schools.
This occurs every year when the cuteness and novelty wears off
and baby bunnies grow into their hormonal “teenage” phase.
This year, please think TWICE before you buy an Easter bunny.
- Second Chance Bunnies is having a FREE class
- so you can learn about bunny care and
- your responsibilities for the next 8-10 years.
- Yes, well cared for rabbits can live that long.
- The class is on Saturday, March 29 from 1 to 4pm
- at our rescue site in north Auburn.
- Call Janet Foster at 530-269-7764 to reserve your space
- and get the address and directions.
- If you are not yet ready for the 10-year commitment
- but still want an “Easter Bunny”
- adopt a rescued STUFFED bunny instead.
- We have rescued stuffed toy bunnies available for adoption.
- Each one comes with an adoption tag with care instructions,
- nametag (you can even pick the name for your new bunny)
- top-opening carrier, cuddle blanket, and hay.
- The adoption donation of $10 for one or $18 for a bonded pair
- of stuffed bunnies goes towards feeding the real bunnies
- living at our rescue until they find their permanent loving home.
Please don’t let another helpless bunny
become another animal shelter statistic.
Contact Janet Foster at 530-269-7764
for more information about the free Bunny Care class
or if you’d like to adopt a stuffed bunny
And when you find out you’re ready for the responsibilities and joys
of having a real rabbit as part of your family,
please call us to meet our bunnies available for adoption.
They are already spayed or neutered, and socialized.
All they need is a second chance to find their forever loving home
Will that be with you?
We have rescued stuffed bunnies for adoption.
They have been rescued from many thrift stores,
sanitized and also named.
They come with the own carrier and blankie.
Their adoptions helps to support our rescue
Please do not buy live rabbits for Easter.
They most likley will end up in the
a child loses interest.
This is just a sample of the bunnies we have for adoption.
We have girls, boys, large and small to choose from.
Come and see us or give us a call at
Give a stuffed bunny for Easter instead of a real rabbit.
They are a 10 year commitment.
Second Chance Bunnies. Inc
is a non-profit 501c3 organization
located in the quiet foothills of Auburn, California
(east of Sacramento).
Started in 2004
Janet and Jerry Foster
Our Mission is to:
- Provide a safe haven and loving (temporary) home
to unwanted / surrendered bunnies.
- Socialize, litter box train, spay / neuter
and adopt to loving homes.
- Educate owners on diet, health and housing
requirements for these furry friends.
Second Chance Bunnies works with various rescues,
shelters and other sources
these unwanted bunnies / rabbits.
Every Bunny needs a Second Chance